“Where There’s Muck, There’s Bras” is a hilarious and thought-provoking show which sees stand-up poet Kate Fox explores the Northern women you’ve heard of (and the ones you haven’t).
As several shows have sold out, or been pretty much full houses, and the show has had strongly positive reactions from audiences (which has all helped Kate enjoy doing it) then Where There’s Muck There’s Bras will keep touring into a least a second leg in Spring 2020, with future dates in 2019 tbc on Teesside, in Preston, Huddersfield and Ripon.
Here’s just a few of the many lovely things audiences have said:
- Brilliant inspiring evening with
@katefoxwriter keeping alive the memory of the North’s great women with poetry and wit. And some puns 🙂
- Theatre date with Mam to see
#WhereTheresMuckTheresBras.Inspired to learn about so many great Northern powerhouse women from the wonderfully talented & endearing @katefoxwriter Now they’re in our memories they can’t be erased from history, they’re our herstory
- Go, go see
@katefoxwriter‘s #WhereTheresMuckTheresBras. It’s excellent, revealing, informative, depressing, shocking, funny and empowering. All in one show! BOOM!lasswars
- Thanks to
@katefoxwriter for shouting loudly about Northern women under the radar. We’re the future. Even if we can’t wear parkas prop’ly #Oasister #LassWar #WhereTheresMuckTheresBras
- I laughed, learned and cried! And it’s always a pleasure to watch a funny, confident, creative and intelligent woman in flow. Particularly loved hearing about Hilda James and the poetic tribute to the two women we’ve all had the dubious pleasure of swimming behind.
- I had thoughts provoked, laughed heartily, whooped, shook my fist and felt a huge, gong-like reverberation through my deep down innards hearing about all the brave, bold, world-changing, everyday resisting, largely forgotten or erased women of the North. Wonderful.
- Thanks for a great night at Casterton. Even as a proud Essex bird I really enjoyed it and you cheered me up after having a bit of a grumpy day.
- Last night we saw
@katefoxwriter who was marvellously funny, poignant and thought provoking.
- Just caught this brilliant show by
@katefoxwriter remembering forgotten northern women or those airbrushed out of history. Funny and poignant.
- Amazing show, as informative as humorous! Sad but not surprised these pioneering Northern women airbrushed from herstory. ‘We need to keep these names circulating’ – but don’t underestimate how integral you are in ensuring this. Thank you!
It was originally commissioned by Great Exhibition of the North and debuted on 23 and 24 June 2018 at Live Theatre in Newcastle.
Remaining dates as follows:
Friday 22/03 8.00 Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal
Saturday 23/03 8.00 ARC Stockton SOLD OUT
Friday 29/03 7.45 York Theatre Royal
Thursday 11/04 8.00 Hull Truck Theatre, Hull
Thursday 18/04 8.00 The Civic, Barnsley
Here’s a (Rough) trailer for the show- this is the original touring version of the show. The spring touring video has Kate in the flesh and actor Joey Holden in some beautifully shot videos by Danielle Giddens:
and a spoof Oasis video which features in the show:
And here is Kate being interviewed about the show for BBC Arts Online:Here
Here are reviews from 2018’s shows:
Great Exhibition of the North received funding from a variety of sources
including public and private sector.